2147746 Alberta Ltd. dba LoadErUp Technologies (“we”) is committed to respecting your privacy. Accordingly, we are compliant with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation, and other Canadian private sector legislation that is designed to protect your privacy, as such legislation may apply from time to time. We regularly review all applicable privacy laws to ensure our compliance.
“Personal Information” means information about an identifiable individual. Personal Information does not include information that cannot be attributed to an identifiable individual, such as information of an aggregate or anonymous nature. To the extent that we make any of your Personal Information anonymous or aggregate it with the Personal Information of other individuals such that it can no longer be attributed to you, such aggregated information will no longer be considered to be Personal Information and we are entitled to use, retain, disclose and destroy such information in our sole discretion.
We may ask for and collect Personal Information from you throughout your use of our services. We will only collect, use, and disclose the Personal Information that we need in order to provide our services, namely services associated with our website, wwww.loaderup.ca and/or www.loaderupnow.com, as applicable, (the “Website”) and/or our mobile application, LoadErUp Technologies (the “App”), including without limitation product delivery and collection of payment.
You may choose not to provide us with any of your Personal Information; however, if you make this choice we may not be able to provide you with the services you requested that we provide to you.
Subject to reasonable notice, you may withdraw your consent at any time, unless the Personal Information is necessary for us to fulfill our legal requirements and similar obligations. If you withdraw your consent, we will inform you of the implications of such withdrawal. To withdraw consent, simply contact our Privacy Officer (as hereinafter defined) in writing and advise us of the Personal Information you no longer wish us to use.
The type of information we collect and maintain may include your full name, date of birth, credit card number, telephone number, mailing address, email address, driver’s license number, and PayPal account information.
We will limit the collection of your Personal Information to only that which is necessary for the purposes identified. Your Personal Information will only be used or disclosed for the purpose for which it was collected, unless you have otherwise consented, or when it is required by law. We will only retain your Personal Information for the period of time reasonably required to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected.
Our users may access certain of our services by making a credit card payment through the Website or the App. In this situation, we use PayPal to securely request payment information from you, in order to bill and process your order.
Our services may use "cookies". A cookie is a piece of data stored on a website visitor's hard drive to help us improve the visitor’s access to the Website and to identify repeat visitors to the Website. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on the Website. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any Personal Information on our site. Cookies can generally be turned off in an Internet browser, but in some cases doing so may impact your ability to use our services.
We use Personal Information for certain legitimate business purposes, which may include:
- providing you with information about us or about new features or enhancements to our services;
- identifying you and delivering your requested services;
- processing and responding to your inquiries and otherwise communicating with you regarding your requested services;
- obtaining payment for the services that you request;
- enhancing, modifying, personalizing or otherwise improving our services and our communications for the benefit of our customers and visits to the Website and the App;
- enhancing the security and performance of our Website, the App, and related systems;
- enforcing our Terms of Service, available at http://www/loaderup.ca/terms.html; and
- the purpose for which it was provided and certain other activities that are reasonably ancillary to that purpose.
The following are particular circumstances in which we may disclose your Personal Information without obtaining your further consent. By providing your Personal Information to us, you consent tothe following disclosures:
- to our employees or independent contractors who need access to it in order to fulfill their job functions;
- to our payment processor, if you make a credit card payment;
- to other parties where we are under a duty to disclose your Personal Information in order to comply with any applicable legal obligation, legal or regulatory process, or an order of a government institution, investigative body, regulatory body or judicial authority of competent jurisdiction;
- where we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary:
- to investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist government enforcement agencies or investigative bodies in that regard;
- to enforce agreements to which we are a party;
- to investigate and defend us from against any third party claims or allegations;
- to protect the security or integrity of our services; and/or
- to exercise or protect the rights, property or personal safety of us, our clients and users, employees, independent contractors, or others;
Data Protection, Retention and Disposal
We have taken industry standard measures to ensure the security and confidentiality of your Personal Information. We will only retain your Personal Information for the time reasonably required to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, or as required by law.
On your written request, and taking into consideration what is reasonable, we will provide you, not later than 30 days from our receipt of your request, or such additional time as required by law, with access to your Personal Information (if any) under our custody or control, information about the purposes for which your Personal Information (if any) under our custody or control has been and is being used by us, and the names of persons to whom, and any circumstances in which your Personal Information has been and is being disclosed by us.
You must provide sufficient information in your request to allow us to verify your identity and identify the information you are seeking.
All requests may be subject to reasonable fees and disbursements. Where appropriate, we may require advance payment of a deposit or the entire costs of responding to a request for access to Personal Information.
Your ability to access your Personal Information under our custody and control is not absolute. We reserve all rights not to disclose Personal Information, in whole or in part, in certain circumstances permitted or required by law, including but not limited to where:
- the disclosure would reveal Personal Information about another individual;
- the disclosure could reasonably be expected to threaten the safety or physical or mental health of an individual;
- the information is protected by any legal privilege;
- the disclosure of the information would reveal confidential commercial information;
- the Personal Information was collected by us for an investigation or legal proceeding.
If access to your Personal Information is refused, in whole or in part, we will provide you with the reasons for the refusal, the provision of applicable privacy legislation on which the refusal is based, and the name of the individual who can answer your questions about the refusal, and will inform you that you may ask for a review of the refusal in accordance with applicable privacy legislation.
Accuracy and Updates
If your Personal Information changes, you may contact our Privacy Officer. On your request, we will make every reasonable effort to correct errors or omissions in your Personal Information where that information is in our custody or control. Such request must be in writing, signed by the requestor, and include sufficient detail to enable us to identify any record in our custody or control containing the Personal Information in relation to the request. We will, as soon as reasonably possible and not later than 30 days from our receipt of your request, or within such additional time as permitted or required by law, either correct the Personal Information and, if applicable and reasonable to do so, send correction notifications to any third party to whom we disclosed the incorrect information, or decide not to correct the Personal Information, but we will annotate the Personal Information under our control to indicate that a correction was requested but not made. We will inform you of the action that we have taken in response to your request for correction, the name of the individual who can answer your questions about your request for correction, and that you may ask for a review of the action taken in accordance with applicable privacy legislation.
We have designated an individual to oversee our compliance with applicable privacy legislation (the “Privacy Officer”). If you have questions or concerns regarding your privacy or your Personal Information, you may contact us at:
Inquire about partnership opportunities
Supplement and grow your business with our on-demand delivery app. Be the first in your industry to have access to LoadErUp for business.